01484 666 601
OUR GOVERNING BODY
Our governing body is made up of parents, teachers and other staff, LEA and church representatives, people co-opted from the local community, and the Head teacher. Governors are volunteers and their term of office usually lasts for four years. The Head teacher and school governors are responsible for the overall educational and financial health of the school and will make decisions about
· Setting and monitoring the school’s aims, policies and school budget;
· Appointing staff, including the head teacher;
· Maintaining the school’s premises and improving the environment;
· Composition of overall school development plan and ensure progress towards achieving the targets in the school development plan is monitored;
· Ensuring the National Curriculum is taught and standards of achievement are maintained and raised;
· Making sure that the school provides for all its pupils including those from ethnic minority backgrounds and with special needs;
· Ensuring the school encourages pupils’ spiritual, moral and cultural development.
|Name||End of term of Office||Governor Type|
|Rev Liam Beadle||
|Prof Andrew Taylor (Vice Chair)||16.07.18||Co-opted|
|Jacqueline Torley||21.01.18 (resigned)||Co-opted|
|Alison Heeley||4.10.21||Teaching Staff|
|Rachael Anderson (Chair)||13.06.19||Parent|
|Tamara Jackson||19.1.20||LA Governor|
|Granville Dews||21.01.18 (resigned)||Co-opted|
|Reverend Jenny Barnes||27.2.22||
Click here to see Register of Business Interest.
Click here to see attendance at Governors meetings 2016 - 2017
Click here to see attendance at Governors meetings 2017 - 2018
Click here to see who our Governors are and read a little bit about each one.